This course is suitable for qualified massage therapists only, with a Level 3 Qualification in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
Stuck in a basic-massage rut? It’s time to increase your repertoire of techniques and give yourself a pocket full of tricks that will both amaze and impress your clients, as well as improving your own understanding and development.
The neck and shoulder present a wide range of conditions which can be improved extremely effectively by a massage therapist. However, many of us simply don’t have the advanced skills required to work with such conditions and have to refer our clients on. This course will teach you the skills needed to understand and work with these conditions so decreasing the need to refer on.
From sustained soft tissue mobilisation to cross fibre frictions, from soft tissue release to muscle energy techniques, from neuromuscular tension techniques to effective passive stretching…learn how to use these techniques specifically for this area.
Learn how to massage the neck, and shoulders effectively, efficiently and with lasting results.
This very practical two day course will teach you;
* Advanced anatomy of the affected area, essential if you are to know what to massage and why
* How to identify the source of the problem with a comprehensive case history specific to the area in question
* Advanced techniques for tissue healing including sustained soft tissue mobilisation and cross fibre frictions
* Advanced techniques for stubborn tension including soft tissue release and muscle energy techniques
* Common disorders of the neck and upper back including; sub-occipital tension, tension headaches, trapezius muscle imbalance, shoulder protraction, shoulder impingement and thoracic stiffness
* The importance of active and passive stretching in maintaining a correct posture and preventing injuries
* Homecare tips specific to this area
* Red flags and when to refer on to other healthcare providers.
Course times: 10am to 6pm