BOOK BEFORE DECEMBER 31st 2018 TO SAVE £135
Certificate in Pregnancy Massage & Post-Natal Massage
This course is suitable for qualified therapists only, with an NVQ Level 3 in A&P and Massage such as ITEC or VTCT. You must sign a form to confirm that you hold A&P and Massage qualifications as required and are professionally insured.
The Pregnancy Massage course will award you with 20 CPD points
We can all see the positive side of pregnancy; “congratulations”, “great news”. Life is taking an exciting new turn….. and with that turn can come the odd aching muscle and bit of fluid, along the way.
Pregnancy massage is great for relieving muscle tension as well as aches and pains. Lymph drainage helps to clear swelling in the hands and feet and both anxiety and blood pressure can be reduced.
Our three day Pregnancy Massage Course has been written by a tutor who has specialised in ante and post natal massage and mother and baby care for over fifteen years.
Dynamic Bodywork Academy Pregnancy & Post Natal Massage Course Structure:
* Introduction to the concept of pregnancy massage and group discussion on the myths of massage during pregnancy
* An understanding of what is happening to mum’s body during pregnancy
* Safe techniques to use during each trimester of pregnancy with multiple positioning techniques to ensure maximum comfort during treatment
* Correct pressures – many therapists are cautious about using deep touch, but we’ll show you the safe methods of applying pressure using your body weight.
* How to create a treatment for the whole body, putting together the techniques learned through the duration of the course into a flowing massage sequence.
* A full manual with step by step photos.
* An explanation of contraindications and treatment safety.
* Practical tuition with clear demonstrations of course material, broken down section by section to make it easier to follow and learn.
* The opportunity to give and receive a full treatment which is important in seeing how the whole massage can fit together. Guidance will be given from the tutor as students work from notes under close supervision.
* Sunday will include treating a pregnant client to practice in a clinic environment
Course times: Friday & Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sunday 10am - 4pm